These grilled bacon-wrapped asparagus bundles are a perfect side dish, being easy to cook and tasty to eat. The vegetables are wrapped in their own individual portions. Drizzled with lemon, oil, and Blues Hog seasoning, they are the perfect combination of fresh and decadent.
Asparagus is a quick-cooking vegetable, meaning that they are guaranteed to be ready when the bacon is cooked. When choosing the bacon go for something with smoke for flavor and a thin cut so it cooks quickly. If you have thicker slices of bacon, you can pre-cook them just a bit, so you don’t overcook the asparagus.
This recipe uses a rub for the additional flavor hit. If desired, it can be built upon by adding a glaze. A glaze can be simply made by taking a commercial BBQ sauce then diluting it with a liquid (water, beer, or juice) and adding a little sugar. Sauced or original, you won’t be able to pass these up!
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
- 1 bunch asparagus
- olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Blues Hog Bold & Beefy Seasoning or favorite beef rub
- 1 packet bacon
- tooth picks
- Preheat the grill to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Wash the asparagus and snap off the woody bottoms, then cut so they are all the same size.
- In a bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and Bold and Beefy Seasoning. Toss the asparagus to cover well.
- Wrap the asparagus in groups of four in bacon, then use a toothpick to hold it in place.
- Grill the asparagus until the bacon wrapping it is cooked through.
- Season with additional bold and beefy seasoning, then remove the toothpick before serving.
More Bacon Wrapped Recipes
BBQ Grilled Appetizer
Bacon Pineapple Donuts
BBQ Grilled Sandwich
Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs
Grilled Side Dish