It is nice to know that there is more to potato salad than heavy, fatty dressings. This potato salad is seasoned with fresh lemon juice and combined with pea sprouts.
Not only is it colorful and looks different, but it also tastes great!
This salad gets the best flavor if the potatoes are seasoned hot, as is described in the recipe. However, it can still be made with leftover baked potatoes, if needed, and taste great.
Summer Potato Salad Recipe
- 4 new potatoes
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon rub or lemon pepper
- 5 cups pea sprouts or cress
- Bring salted water to a rolling boil in a large pot. Add the potatoes whole and boil until tender.
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt to make a dressing.
- While the potatoes are still hot, cut them into small pieces. Drizzle with half of the dressing, and sprinkle with the lemon rub. Taste and add more rub, if needed.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the pea sprouts and remaining dressing.
- Just before serving, combine the potato and pea sprout mixtures. This salad tastes better if still warm when served.
Grilled Side Dish
BBQ Grilled Salad