Perfect as a side at your next barbecue, this Bloody Mary Salad features cucumber, tomato, and onion. But the real star is the dressing which features Ubon’s Bloody Mary mixture. It has a bit of spice that is perfectly balanced by the cool cucumbers.
If you can’t get the Ubon’s mix then you can try with alternate brands or even your own homemade version. It can also be made with any tomato-based vegetable juice.
These instructions say to let the salad sit for at least two hours. At this point, it has started to soften but still has some bite to it. If you like it softer and the flavors blended even more don’t be scared to leave it overnight.
Bloody Mary Salad Recipe
- 4 cups Ubon’s Bloody Mary Mix
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large red onion
- 4 large cucumbers
- 4 large tomatoes
- sharp knife
- Combine the bloody mary mix, red wine vinegar, and sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves then chill until needed.
- Peel the onion then thinly slice to get onion rings. Slice the cucumbers into thin even slices. Half the tomatoes, then thinly slice.
- In a large bowl combine the onions, tomatoes, and cucumbers, then top with the dressing.
- Chill for at least 2 hours stirring occasionally to make sure all the mixture is exposed to the dressing. Unlike most salads, this one you want to get slightly soft.
BBQ Grilled Salad