When thinking of a one-pot dinner we often consider stews and similar, but a skillet can easily create a full balanced meal, like this steak and vegetables.
There is no need to focus on complicated seasonings or rubs, and a simple dish can also be very satisfying.
You can use any vegetable combination, sweet potato, bok choy, and cauliflower are also good options.
Steak and Vegetables Recipe
- 1 large potato sliced
- 2 steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- skillet (griddle or flat)
- Preheat the skillet to medium hot heat. Add oil if required, otherwise, add the potato slices. We start cooking these first as they take the longest.
- When the potatoes are browned on one side turn, then add the steak seasoning with salt and pepper.
- When the steaks are cooked on one side turn and add the asparagus.
- Check the temperature of the steaks. If not cooked to your preferred doneness, reduce to the side and place on a lower heat, (or use the heat already in the skillet) to slowly bring up to temperature.
- When cooked add the butter and let melt and coat the steak and vegetables, you can add fresh herbs at this time like thyme or rosemary. Remove the steaks and allow them to rest while you get plates and similar, serve the vegetables and then the steak.
BBQ Grilled Meat