A homemade three pepper rub tops this ribeye steak, which grills up in just a few minutes. The rub is made with three varieties of peppercorns and other savory seasonings.
To top it all off, a homemade compound butter, made with cilantro, garlic, and shallots is placed on the warm steaks. You can also use this butter on top of chicken, pork, fish, or pasta.
To make this a complete meal, serve it with a side of vegetables or a fresh salad. Or have some fresh bread available and schmear it with some of the extra compound butter.
Three Pepper Ribeye Steak Recipe
Three Pepper Rub
- 1/4 cup whole black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons whole white peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons whole pink peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated garlic
Garlic Cilantro Compound Butter
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (coriander)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 lime juiced
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 4 thick cut ribeye steaks with out without the bone
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- skillet or griddle
Three Pepper Rub
- Grind the black pepper, white pepper, pink pepper, salt, mustard seeds, onion, and garlic in a coffee grinder, food processor, or blender. Set aside.
- Mix the softened butter, cilantro, garlic, shallots, lime, and pepper together.
- Place the butter mixture in a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper, then twist the ends to create a sausage. Place in a cooler to set.
- Drizzle the steaks with the oil, then rub in to act as a binder.
- Lightly salt then season with the three pepper rub.
- Preheat the griddle or a skillet to high heat.
- Sear the steak for 2 ½ to 3 minutes per side. You want to reach an internal temperature of 127 to 130 degrees F (53 to 55 degrees C), for a medium-rare steak.
- Let the ribeye steak rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove the compound better from the cooler and slice it into serving-size pats.
- Serve after resting with the compound butter on top.
BBQ Grilled Meat
BBQ Grilled Sandwich