Paella is a popular Spanish dish that has a lot of history and flavor, this easy version uses shrimp and ground sausage only making it easily achievable by any enthusiastic outdoor cook.
Although the recipe uses a traditional paella pan it is just as good made in a skillet, frypan, or even a Dutch oven. The key is heat management and a good sealing lid to allow for the rice to be cooked correctly.
This is traditionally a one-pot meal with everything cooked in the paella dish, however, in this recipe, the shrimp may be cooked on a grill or sauteed to add additional flavors. Remember it is already cooked before adding it to the rice, so add them just before serving or they will be overcooked.
Easy Shrimp Paella Recipe
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground sausage spicy or regular
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons Slap Yo’ Daddy "Love Me Tender" All Purpose Rub
- 2 cups rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- pinch Spanish saffron
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 2 teaspoons Slap Yo’ Daddy "Love Me Tender" All Purpose Rub
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 lemon wedged
- paella pan or skillet
- Once cooked, drizzle with lemon juice and garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges. Serve immediately.
Dutch Oven One Pot Meals