A combination of whole grains and Nutella makes a relatively kid-friendly treat. Based on an Australian tradition, Nutella Fairy Bread is a perfect dessert sandwich.
Sprinkles add a bit of color and crunch and give the impression that magical fairies have landed on the bread. To make this really fun, use cookie cutters to cut out different shapes.
I first made this recipe as I only had a multigrain bread and needed to cover it up from the unsuspecting children. It was so popular, that it is now a standard recipe in our party repertoire. It is a great treat to include in your backpack while exploring outdoors or a picnic basket for a simple treat.
Nutella Fairy Bread Recipe
- 6 slices multigrain bread
- 6 tablespoons Nutella as needed
- 6 teaspoons hundreds and thousands (sprinkles)
- chopping board
- Layout the bread.
- Spread with a thick layer of Nutella.
- Cover with a sprinkle of the hundreds and thousands.
- Cut into triangles for a traditional presentation, or get out the cookie cutters to make a variety of other shapes.
More Snack Recipes
Egg in Bread
BBQ Grilled Sandwich