Sweet with a touch of heat, Raspberry Chipotle Slice, has a shortbread crust with a sweet raspberry filling. Somewhere between a cookie, a bar, and a cake, you will love this dessert. The crust is rich, and the filling is bright, tangy, and sweet.
You can use fresh or frozen raspberries for this recipe. In summer, when raspberries are at their best, use fresh-picked berries. If you want a taste of summer in the cooler months, defrost and drain frozen raspberries.
Shortbread is a buttery and crumbly cookie that melts in your mouth when you bite into it. It is made with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your cupboard. The mixture will look dry and crumbly when you are working with it but will become tender once baked.
Raspberry Chipotle Slice Recipe
- non-stick oil spray
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce or favorite BBQ fruit sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries or frozen raspberries
- 2 egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar to garnish
- 1 cup fresh raspberries to garnish
- 8- by 8-inch (20- by 20cm) baking pan
- Preheat the camp oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 8- by 8-inch (20- by 20cm) baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the butter, sugar, flour, and salt. The mixture will look dry and crumbly.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan. Bake until slightly browned along the edges, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same medium bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the raspberry chipotle sauce, raspberries, egg whites, and egg. Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour the raspberry filling over the crust. Bake until the top is bubbly and slightly brown on the edges, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool to allow the raspberry filling to set. Slice into squares and sprinkle with the confectioner's sugar and top with fresh raspberries.