Whether you add sprinkles, frosting, or just keep them plain, you’ll love soft and chewy Easy Sugar Cookies. A basic recipe, with common ingredients in your cupboard, these cookies come together quickly. But, don’t worry, just because they’re simple, they still taste great!
The dough is easy to roll and work with, and won’t spread when baking. To make it easier for cut-out cookies, make sure to chill the dough before you roll it out, for the best results. You’ll have perfect-looking cookies that are ready for a little sanding sugar or kept simple and plain.
If you prefer a crisper cookie, cut the dough thinner. For a softer, more chewy cookie cut the dough a bit thicker. You can cut them out into fun shapes with cookie cutters, or leave them round.
Easy Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda sodium bicarbonate
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually blend the flour mixture into the flour mixture.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and place them on parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies until a light golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
More Cookie Recipes
Cream Cheese Cookies
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies