Nothing says summer like Peach Berry Pie. Throw the peaches on the grill for an added smoky flavor and then you have something truly special.
Frozen fruit may be substituted for fresh but keep in mind that frozen fruit has more water in it therefore you will need to completely thaw the fruit in a colander set over a bowl to drain the excess liquid.
This recipe comes together super quick with the use of a store-bought pie crust but feels free to make your own if you like. Serve a slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Grilled Peach Berry Pie Recipe
- 3 cups sliced peaches and berries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (cornflour)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup cream or ice cream for serving
- 2 disposable foil pie pans
- nonstick spray
- Preheat a grill to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- Spray one of the foil pie pans with the nonstick spray.
- Place the peaches and berries in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and zest. Toss to combine.
- Unroll the pie crust and place it in the foil pan. Fill the center of the crust with the fruit mixture and fold the edges up to form a rustic crust. Brush the edges of the crust with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar. This will help to promote the browning of the crust.
- Place a second foil pie plate or square baking pan upside down on the grill. Place the pie (in its pan) on top of the inverted pan and close the lid to the grill.
- Cook until the crust is cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes depending on the temperature of your grill. Check it at 20 minutes and then every five minutes until done.
- Serve warm with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
Dutch Oven Dessert