Sloppy Joes are a classic American dish that is effectively a seasoned ground beef sauce served in a roll. This simple family favorite makes it a quick and easy camp meal with only a few ingredients needed.
The flavor can be adjusted by varying the condensed soup(s) used and the type of salsa, with options, also varying from hot to mild. Additional flavors can come from beef stock powder, sauces such as BBQ, and spices.
This recipe can be multiplied easily making it ideal for a lunch gathering for a large family camp or Scout troop. The simple ingredients also make it a great option for budget-conscious meals and events.
Easy Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 rolls (burger or hot dog work well)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 inch Dutch oven
- Preheat the Dutch oven to a hot temperature.
- Add the ground beef and cook, occasionally stirring, until brown. Drain any excess grease or liquids.
- Mix the condensed tomato soup and salsa with the browned ground beef.
- Serve the sloppy joe mix in the rolls then top with the shredded cheese.
Two Pot Meal
Hiking and Trekking