These Camp Beef Fajitas are a super easy meal camping whether cooked on a flat top grill, gas stove, or over the campfire. They are versatile so can adapt to whatever outdoor adventures that you may have planned.
Although these can be made from scratch at the campsite they can also easily have the majority of preparation done at home, then they are just cooked while at camp. Remember to be safe with prepared food items that have a higher risk than bringing whole items.
This recipe states generically ‘steak’ which can be whatever you have available, however, hanger steak is a traditional choice. If feeling experimental try making it with shrimp, fish, or chicken. Use a variety of bell peppers, so your meal is extra colorful.
Camp Beef Fajitas Recipe
- 1 pound steak sliced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 4 tortillas
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- cilantro to garnish
- camp stove
- Sprinkle the steak with the taco seasoning.
- Preheat the skillet, frypan, or flat top grill to medium heat.
- Add the meat and cook until done.
- Add the onions and bell peppers then continue to cook until the desired doneness.
- Place the meat and veggies on the tortillas and top with the guacamole, cheese, and cilantro.
BBQ Grilled Meat