This is a really simple yet filling camp pasta sauce that can be used on any pasta of choice or even ramen noodles. It only uses a few simple ingredients but is infused with flavor.
The recipe is fairly simple but makes a good foundation to which other ingredients can be added. Try olives, canned fish, or cured sausage making it a more protein-rich dish suitable for the camping environment.
It can be cooked on any method that allows you to heat a pot. This includes emergency stoves, gas stoves, and campfires. It calls for two pots but can be made in one if the paster is cooked first, put aside, then the sauce is cooked and pasta returned.
Camp Tomato Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can petite dice tomatoes
- 2 servings pasta of choice
- 1 cup shredded cheese such as Parmesan
- two small pots
- In a pot over medium heat add the olive oil. When warm add the garlic and red pepper flakes.
- When the garlic is fragrant, but not brown add the can of tomatoes. Leave to simmer and let the flavors infuse while the pasta cooks.
- Prepare the pasta of choice as per the packet directions.
- Combine half the pasta sauce with half the cheese and the cooked and drained pasta. Combine well.
- Serve the pasta then top with the remaining pasta sauce and cheese.
More Pasta Recipes
Roasted Poblano Pasta Salad