There are a lot of decedent sandwich options out there. This perfect ribeye sandwich is one of them. It uses a prime cut of beef accompanied with rich sauces.
The ribeye is simply seasoned with salt and pepper before being smoked to a medium-rare pink. Sliced thinly, it is added to the sandwich in abundance.
There are two sauces used, horseradish mayo and cajun mustard. Both are a little different than what you may have laying around the campsite but can easily be made or substitute to your personal tastes.
Perfect Ribeye Sandwich Recipe
- 1 whole (8 pounds | 3 kg) ribeye
- salt and course black pepper, to taste
- 12 hamburger buns
- horseradish mayonnaise
- 1 sweet onion. thinly sliced
- Cajun mustard, to taste
- hickory wood
- Preheat a smoker to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C), adding some chunks of hickory wood.
- Trim the ribeye of excess fat and silverskin. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the ribeye in the preheated smoker and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees F (57 degrees C). Remove and rest for 30 minutes.
- Gather the sandwich ingredients and thinly slice the ribeye.
- Build the sandwich in the following order, bottom of the roll, horseradish mayonnaise, ribeye meat, sweet onion, Cajun mustard, and then finish with the top of the roll.
BBQ Grilled Sandwich