These easy-to-make sautéd honey bananas are a flavorsome sweet topping that is seasoned with a dash of cinnamon. Once made, you’ll be amazed at how versatile these bananas are. You can serve them over breakfast pancakes or over ice cream for dessert.
They are so sweet that it is good to pair with something a little more constrained in its flavor. The ingredients are very simple and you most likely already have them in your cupboard. You can play with the flavors and try Chinese five spice or even pumpkin pie spice.
The bananas need to be on the green side for this recipe to work. In order to hold their shape while cooking, the bananas need to be firm. Otherwise, they will soften during cooking and will just turn to mush.
Sauté Honey Bananas Recipe
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Prepare the banana by slicing it thickly.
- Heat a skillet to moderate heat then melt the butter in it.
- When melted, add the honey and cinnamon then mix to combine well.
- Add the bananas and cook for 2 minutes then turn and cook the other side.
- Serve the bananas and the honey syrup as a sauce with your desired accompaniment.
More Banana Recipes
Hiking and Trekking
Dutch Oven Dessert
Dutch Oven Banana Fritter