Ranch Potatoes are an easy side dish you can prepare while cooking up other dishes on the grill. Golden potatoes are thinly sliced and tossed with bacon, ranch seasoning, and butter.
This recipe calls for fresh chives to be added at the end of cooking, but you can use any fresh herbs you may have on hand. Another tasty addition is to add some of your favorite grated hard cheese as the potatoes come off the grill.
Save on dishes and cook in a disposable tray. This can also be easily prepared in a baking tray or Dutch oven as well.
Baked Ranch Potatoes Recipe
- 2 1/2 pounds golden potatoes thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound cooked and crumbled bacon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning or garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup salted butter divided into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- shallow aluminum half pan
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- In the aluminum half pan, toss potatoes, bacon, oil, shallots, ranch seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the potatoes over indirect heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the butter and cover with foil.
- Cook for an additional 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Top with chives when ready to serve.