Hasselback potatoes are a fantastic side dish, where the outside is crisp, but the center remains creamy and soft. This is also a way to get more flavor into your potatoes and add a bit of variety.
Normally, Hasselback potatoes are cooked in about a centimeter of stock but these ones are simply roasted. These can be roasted in a Dutch oven or camp oven, or even wrapped in foil.
They are a great side dish and can be used anywhere other styles of potatoes such as mashed, roasted, baked, or even chips are served. They pair well with wet dishes and gravy also that get into the cracks.
Baked Hasselback Potatoes Recipe
- 5 potatoes
- olive oil as needed
- seasoning salt or herb rub
- 12 inch Dutch oven
- Peel the potatoes then cut them in half.
- Cut slits down the potatoes about ¼ unch (6mm) apart and ½ inch (1cm) from the base.
- Preheat the Ducth oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Cover the potatoes gently in oil then roast for about 30 minutes.
- Coat the potatoes in oil again, then dust with the seasoning salt or herb rub.
- Continue to cook for another 30 minutes or until the potatoes are browned on the outside and cooked through.