While it does sound a bit odd, don’t knock pickled grapes until you have tried them! This condiment is the perfect mixture of sweet and tart. It can be used as part of a platter or as an addition to a salad.
This pickling process gives grapes a unique taste that is a perfect component on platters looking for an acidic element. It can be substituted for other items such as gherkins, olives, and quick-pickled vegetables.
Make these pickled grapes ahead of time, then take them on your next weekend adventure. It is much easier than trying to deal with fresh grapes while outside, which soften and become mushy. They are also a great addition to a picnic or part of a mix and match snack board.
Quick Pickle Grapes Recipe
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- pinch chili flakes
- 4 cups seedless grapes, removed from the vine
- 1 saucepan
- 6 jars
- Bring the vinegar, sugar, kosher salt, coriander seeds, black peppercorns, and chili flakes to a boil in a saucepan.
- Let the liquid cool then pour over the grapes in a clean glass jar.
- Let the grape jars sit for 24 hours.
- Move to the refrigerator and store up to one week.
Dutch Oven Main Dish