Muesli bars are a great source of energy, whether you’re hiking, gardening, or playing a sports game.
You can mix and match ingredients to suit your taste, but always include rolled oats and your favorite muesli.
The inspiration for this recipe came because buying muesli bars was getting expensive, so we started making our own. After a few combinations of recipes we found and tweaks from experimentation, this is the recipe we now use the most.
Muesli Bars Recipe
- 125 g butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup muesli
- 1 1/2 cups rice crispies (rice bubbles)
- 1 cup sultanas
- baking tray
- Grease and line a baking tray with baking paper. Preheat the camp oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter, honey, and sugar until the sugar dissolves, then cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Combine the butter mixture with oats, muesli, rice bubbles, and sultanas.
- Transfer to the prepared baking tray, then use the back of a spoon to gently flatten.
- Bake in the camp oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside in the tray to cool completely.
- Cut into bars with a sharp knife. Eat right away or store in an air-tight container.
More Snack Recipes
No-Bake Energy Bars
Trail Mix Chocolate Bark
Hiking and Trekking