This is definitely a sweet treat that is loved by adults and kids alike. The slice is effectively a Rice Krispies base but with the traditional elements of smores added, including Graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows.
The recipe can be stepped up by exchanging the Rice Krispies with Cocoa Puffs (chocolate crackles) for an extra chocolate kick. Fancy marshmallows of different flavors and colors can also be used. There are a variety of chocolate chips including white, milk, dark, and caramel.
This sweet treat can be made at home and then packed for your outdoor adventure whether it is a picnic, lunch hike, or camping trip. The recipe is so simple it can also be easily made while camping. The ingredients all travel well so it is a good option for a longer-length trip.
Easy Smores Slice Recipe
Rice Krispies Base
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal (rice bubbles)
- 3 Graham crackers or plain cookies (biscuits), broken into small pieces
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- butter or baking spray
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- camp stove
- large pot
Rice Krispies Base
- In a large pot melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the Rice Krispies cereal and Graham crackers broken into smaller pieces. Stir until well coated.
- Add 1 cup of the miniature marshmallows. Gently stir until combined.
- Prepare a flat tray with butter or cooking spray.
- Using a buttered spatula evenly press the mixture into the prepared tray.
- Sprinkle the top of the Rice Krispies with the miniature marshmallows and chocolate chips. Lightly press into the cereal mixture.
- Cool the slice until set.
- Cut into 16 serving pieces. Best enjoyed if served the same day made.
More Slice Recipes
Chocolate Caramel Slice
Picnic Cherry Slice