Fried cabbage is a quick and easy side dish that can be prepared on a griddle or flat-top grill. With just a few simple ingredients, it cooks up fast. This is a great side for breakfast or dinner.
Since each ingredient cooks at a different rate, it is important to cook them separately on the griddle and combine them just before serving. This way, each item has the perfect texture and flavor.
Keep everything from drying out and add extra flavor by deglazing the cooktop with splashes of your favorite beer while everything cooks. You can also use a little bit of chicken stock or even apple juice.
Fried Cabbage Recipe
- 1/2 green cabbage sliced
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 4 slices thick bacon large dice
- beer as needed for cooking
- salt and pepper to taste
- flat top grill or griddle
- Preheat a griddle or flat top grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the cabbage, onions, and bacon on separate parts of the griddle then cook until each item is cooked until the desired doneness. The cabbage will take about 5 minutes, the onions about 7, and the bacon about 10. Keep moist and glaze with splashes of beer, as needed.
- Just before serving, combine all of the ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.