Nothing beats a juicy Beefy Cheeseburger grilled to perfection, and topped with fresh tomatoes, lettuce, and red onions. The key to this cheeseburger is perfect seasoning and shredded cheese. Using shredded cheese ensures you’ll get the right amount of cheese with each bite.
Wagyu beef comes from the same purebred cattle as the famous Kobe beef in Japan. It has a high fat content, which results in tender, juicy, and flavorful burgers. It tends to cook faster than other grinds, and is best served at medium-rare.
We use cheddar cheese in this recipe, but feel free to mix it up with your favorite variety, like Swiss or pepper Jack. You can use a regular hamburger bun, or really up your game with a brioche bun. And don’t forget to provide your favorite condiments, like ketchup, mustard, or barbecue sauce, to serve alongside the burger.
Beefy Cheeseburger Recipe
- 1 pound Wagyu ground beef
- Blues Hog Bold & Beefy Seasoning or seasoning of choice, to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns toasted
- 1 large fresh tomato sliced
- 4 large leaves fresh lettuce
- 1 small red onion sliced
- Preheat a grill over high heat for indirect and direct heat grilling.
- Shape the ground beef into 4 large, round patties. Generously season the patties with the Bold & Beefy Seasoning.
- Add the patties to the hot direct cooking side of the grill and cook until your desired doneness. For rare, 125 degrees F (50 degrees C), about 4 minutes. For medium-rare, 135 degrees F (60 degrees C), about 5 minutes.
- Move the patties to the indirect heat side of the grill and top with the shredded cheese. Let the cheese surround the burger. Cover the grill and let the cheese fully melt, this takes about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the burgers to the toasted buns and top with the tomatoes, lettuce, and red onions.