Cooking an egg in a bell pepper is a rather simple breakfast and a healthy, good-tasting meal for a Saturday morning. It has a simple process but turns out great and is easier than carrying egg-rings camping.
The vivid colors of the peppers add a lot of color to the plate. This dish is a kid favorite and is a balanced meal with proteins, vegetables, and tons of vitamins. Try serving it with cooked bacon, sausages, or toasted bread.
This recipe references cooking on a flat top grill but it may also be cooked in a skillet which makes it flexible to cook on a gas stove or over a campfire. The eggs may be flipped to cook both sides or a cover placed over them to cook the top.
Egg in a Bell Pepper Recipe
- 1 bell pepper
- oil, for cooking
- 4 eggs
- salt, to taste
- Cut the pepper into four slices, about 1/3-inch-thick.
- Heat a small amount of oil on a flat top grill at medium heat.
- Sauté the bell pepper slices on both sides until bright, colorful, and just beginning to soften.
- Crack the eggs into the middle of each pepper slice and sprinkle salt on top. If the grill seems to be dry, add a little extra oil to help stop them from sticking.
- Cook until the egg is cooked to your preferred doneness. You may flip the egg to cook both sides or place a cover over the top to trap the heat which will cook the top.
More Egg Recipes
Egg in Bread
Egg in a Mushroom