Chickpeas add a protein boost to this tasty salad that is a great addition to your next outdoor feast. It is a popular option with a lot more substance and more filling than many other salad options, making it perfect for the outdoors.
The dressing is based on lemon with a flavor depth from the fresh parsley and mint. Adding this dressing early gives it time to absorb and permeate through the other ingredients.
This is a great foundation recipe in that you can add additional elements based on what you have around the campsite, like apples, celery, red onions, or bell peppers. You may use canned or dried beans depending on your situation also.
Chickpea Salad Recipe
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt to taste
- 2 (14 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 small cucumber seeded and diced
- 2 tomatoes seeded and diced
- 2 sprigs parsley finely diced
- 1 sprig mint minced
- large bowl
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and salt.
- Gently whisk, then put aside for the flavors to meld.
- Open, rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- In a large bowl combine the chickpeas, diced cucumber, diced tomato, parsley, and mint.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to combine. Place in the cooler to chill until ready to serve.
More Salad Recipes
Brussels Sprout Apple Salad