This mint, feta and rocket salad recipe adds a fresh bright, fresh healthy element to your lunch or dinner. The home smoked pecans providing a unique crunch element.
When thinking salad there are a number of considerations including spicy, acidic, fatty, sweet, and fresh, this salad has all of these. Make your own dressing or use your favorite bottled dressing.
If you don’t have fresh rocket available, feel free to swap it out with spinach. Fresh goat cheese is a nice substitute for the feta.
Smoked Pecan and Feta Salad Recipe
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1 orange segmented
- 4 cups arugula
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 chunk peach wood
- Place a piece of peach wood in a disposable pan poked with holes, place over a gas burner and wait until the wood starts to smoke. Reduce the heat and leave for 30 minutes.Alternatively: Spread the pecans on a plank and smoke in a smoker for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, mustard, and oil.
- In a large bowl mix together the mint, red onions, orange segments and rocket.
- Dress the salad with the vinaigrette, top with the smoked pecans and feta. Serve immediately.
BBQ Grilled Salad