A perfect snack for any celebration, this popcorn recipe is sugar-coated popcorn with candy and cookies. Pick your candy and colors to match your event.
The coolest thing about this idea is – there are no rules! Tweak it to whatever you want, colors for your football team, pink or blue for a baby shower, the sky is the limit. Same for what you include! Jelly beans, mints, skittles, M&M’s, or gummies.
Once made it can be a campfire snack, hike trail mix, dessert substitute, or even a garnish.
Celebration Popcorn Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 1 packet tiny teddy cookies
- 1/2 cup red and green Smarties M&Ms, &/or skittles
- 2 baking trails
- Put the oil in a saucepan, heat until hot then add the popcorn kernels. Cover and let pop, shaking from time to time. When the popping slows to less than every 3 seconds, remove from the heat. Place in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
- Preheat the camp oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Combine the sugar, butter, and golden syrup in a saucepan then heat while stirring. Carefully boil the mixture for five minutes.
- Pour the sugar syrup over the popcorn and stir to coat.
- Line 2 baking trays with foil then grease. Place a thin layer of popcorn over the trays then put them in the camp oven. Cook for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes so it doesn’t stick.
- Remove the caramel popcorn from the oven and cool.
- Combine the cooled caramel popcorn with the tiny teddy cookies and candies to create a festive feeling. Serve in a bowl or gift wrap.Tip: You can add any cookies or candy to create a variety of themes.
More Snack Recipes
Barbecue Party Snack Mix
Hiking and Trekking
Nuts and Bolts