A simple healthy snack. Ideal as a trail mix or scroggin, or Nuts and Bolts can even be prepared for BBQ snacks, campfires, or working bees.
It has a nice savory flavor, with spices, cereal, and peanuts.
For something different, you can also put it in a jar with some simple ribbons as a homemade gift.
Nuts and Bolts Recipe
- 295 g nutrigrain cereal
- 375 g salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 packet French onion soup mix
- 1 packet cream of chicken soup mix
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder (Keens curry)
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- Place Nutrigrain and peanuts in a bowl.
- Warm oil over medium-low heat. Remove from the heat and stir through the soup mixes and powders.
- Pour the flavored oil over the cereal-peanut mixture and stir to coat all of the ingredients.
- Store in a sealed container.
Hiking and Trekking