Perfect for the whole family these campfire pizza rolls are cooked directly in the coals and are packed with your favorite pizza ingredients. All of the toppings are stuffed in a roll and the whole thing is wrapped in foil. It is then simply cooked until hot and melty.
This recipe has a suggestion of toppings and fillings that can be used. However, you can swap this for your favorite pizza additions. Other options may include onions, ham, olives, or sausage.
All the ingredients can be eaten raw which makes this a great meal that can be prepared and eaten by kids as an activity. Each kid can add their favorite ingredients and then help with the cooking process.
Campfire Pizza Rolls Recipe
- 4 rolls
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can pineapple pieces drained
- 4 basil leaves sliced
- 2 mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup diced bell peppers
- Take the 4 rolls and cut them in half. Spread the pizza sauce on each side of the roll.
- Top the rolls with the cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, basil, pineapples, mushrooms, and bell peppers.
- Close each roll then put it into a sheet of foil. Fold over the foil to completely seal the pizza roll.
- Place the roll in the coals of the campfire away from the burning fire. The pizza roll can be turned partway through the cooking process or covered completely in coals. Cook for 10 minutes.
- The roll is cooked when all the cheese has melted. All the ingredients can be eaten raw so this is more about heating up rather than cooking.