The perfect one-pot meal is here with this Bacon and Turkey Ravioli recipe that is cooked in a skillet. Smokey bacon is cooked with lean turkey and simmered in a cream and white wine sauce. It is topped off with fresh cheese ravioli and a sprinkling of Parmesan.
Ground turkey is a great option but is not always easy for everyone to get. If this is the case for you, it can be exchanged for chicken. Similarly, any style of ravioli can be used. If you don’t consume alcohol then the wine can be swapped out with chicken stock.
The resultant meal is a filling yet light dinner. Ravioli is not the first idea for an outdoor meal however it works well and offers a tasty change.
Bacon and Turkey Ravioli Recipe
- 1/2 pound smoked streaky bacon
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1 cup whipping cream thickened cream
- 1 cup water
- 9 ounces premade cheese ravioli
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Aquaforno Cooking Unit or barbecue
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until it starts to render. Add the ground turkey and diced garlic.
- When the turkey starts to brown add the white wine and deglaze the skillet.
- Add the chicken stock powder, cream, and water then bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the ravioli and simmer until heated through, then remove from the heat. Sprinkle with the Parmesan before serving.
Dutch Oven Main Dish