Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are filled with an aromatic mixture of garlic, pine nuts, and bacon. They can be used as a side dish or a self-contained appetizer.
It’s easy to mix and match flavors in the mushrooms. Follow this recipe, or create your own filling.
Make sure to clean the cap of the mushroom to remove the stem and gills so there is plenty of space for the filling to go without falling out onto the grill.
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms Recipe
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter for the pan
- 1 white onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 rashers bacon diced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Set up the grill for indirect heat.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Sauté the onions, garlic, and bacon until the bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pine nuts, salt, and pepper to the onion mix, then cook for 2 more minutes. Fold in the chives.
- Spoon the filling into the mushroom caps ready to grill.
- Place the mushrooms on the preheated grill then cook until tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from the grill and serve.
BBQ Grilled Appetizer
BBQ Grilled Sandwich