A quirky combination of pizza and meatloaf, this unique pizza mini meatloaf is a unique lunch option. Small meatloaves are cooked, then topped with pizza sauce and cheese. They are as fun to look at as they are to eat.
There is a lot of flexibility on how these are cooked including a camp oven, smoker, or enclosed grill. The key is being able to get up to a baking temperature to cook the mini meatloaves all the way through. You can also use your favorite type of cheese to top the pizza meatloaves.
You can cook these in a mini-meatloaf pan for a more traditional shape. If you prefer round loaves, you can cook them in empty tuna cans. They can also be made free-formed if you don’t have any equipment.
Pizza Mini Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef beef mince
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 6 slices pepperoni diced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (8 ounce) pizza sauce
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- mini meatloaf tins or similar
- large bowl
- Preheat the camp oven, smoker, or closed gas grill to 375 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a large bowl add the beef, cracker crumbs, milk, onions, pepperoni, Parmesan, eggs, salt, oregano, and pepper. Combine well but don’t over mix.
- Press the mixture into the mini loaf pans. Cook for 30 minutes or until an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (61 degrees C) is reached. The carry-over cooking and additional steps will bring it over the recommended 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove the mini meatloaves and place them on a foil-lined tray. Top with the pizza sauce and return to the heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the mini meatloaves and top with the mozzarella. Return to the heat and cook until melted and starting to brown. Serve hot.