Using a flatbread makes these tasty grilled tortilla pizzas a perfect option to cook in any outdoor environment. Using tortillas takes away the pressure of cooking fresh pizza dough in a more dynamic outdoor environment.
This recipe is basic with toppings limited to pepperoni and sliced mushrooms. The toppings can be expanded on and include topping such as artichoke, onion, pineapple, olives, ham, and more. Canned and long life options traveling best while in the outdoors.
The cheese is the most difficult ingredient to transport, the mozzarella can be swapped out for a drier more stable cheese such as parmesan, or a military-style cheese like canned cheese or processed cheese. If a block it can be thinly sliced rather than shredded if have minimal equipment in your outdoor kitchen.
Grilled Tortilla Pizza Recipe
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 1/4 tablespoon Blues Hog Bold & Beefy Seasoning or favorite beef rub
- 3/4 cups mini pepperoni
- 1 can mushroom slices drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- cooking pizza tray
- Preheat the closed grill to 425 degrees (220 degrees C).
- Combine the pizza sauce and Bold and Beefy rub.
- Layout the tortillas then top with the pizza sauce, pepperoni, and mushrooms, then finally sprinkle with the cheese.
- Place in the grill on a pizza tray or similar then cook until the cheese is bubbly, about 12 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.
Dutch Oven One Pot Meals