You may be surprised how much you like grilled beets, even if you’ve never had a beet before. Not only do they add color and flavor to your next BBQ, but they are also super nutritious.
Beets are root vegetables, like potatoes, and are grilled using a similar technique. They have a lot of natural sugar, which caramelizes beautifully on the grill.
Try serving these hot off the grill sprinkled with crumbled goat cheese and chopped fresh herbs, or with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Grilled Beets Recipe
- 4 medium beets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Peel the beets. Use food handling gloves if you don’t want to stain your fingers red.
- Cut the beets into 1/2-inch-thick slices and place them in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, pepper, and salt and toss well.
- Preheat a grill to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Grill the beets for 25 to 30 minutes, turning them every 8 to 10 minutes. The beets are finished when you can easily pierce them with a fork.