These 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies are super easy to make and packed with protein. They are perfect for high-energy activities, like camping, hiking, or fishing. They also make a wonderful after-school snack or easy evening dessert.
Peanut butter is a common go-to when looking for a protein boost. These cookies are packed with peanut butter in a much easier to carry form while hiking, camping, or engaging in activities outdoors, instead of a jar. The recipe is so easy that kids can even make them.
The recipe states that the sugar is from ½ cup to 1 cup based on your preference. While researching and testing this recipe we found a variance. Both measures work out well, making this recipe very resilient and easy to adjust based on your sweetness preference.
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ to 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- baking tray(s)
- Preheat the camp oven to 350 degrees (180 degrees C). Line the baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl combine the peanut butter, sugar, and egg.
- Take about 1 tablespoon worth of dough and roll it into a smooth ball. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Place the balls on the baking tray and press them down with a fork. Turn the cookies 90 degrees and press down with the fork again.Tip: The dough doesn’t spread when baked so the size and shape they go into the oven are how they will come out.
- Place the cookies in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit on the tray for 2 minutes to set before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.