No one can turn away homemade chocolate chip cookies. And, these might be the best chocolate chip cookies that you will ever have. They are fun and easy to make, but easy enough to do outdoors or as an activity with children.
Cookies make great snacks for camping trips and picnics. They give you a burst of energy to help set up camp, go for a hike, or are the perfect ending to a meal cooked over the fire.
I think that these cookies are the best when baked big and soft. Super great for parties and giving to friends. Or, you can eat them all by yourself! Try them with a glass of cold milk, or simply on their own.
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- camp oven
- baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Evenly position two racks in the middle of the camp oven and preheat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line two baking sheets with parchment or baking paper.
- Place the butter in a pot, then cover and heat on medium power until melted. Cool slightly.
- Beat together the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
- Whisk or sift in the flour and baking soda in another bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon. Take care not to over mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Wet hands slightly and roll heaping tablespoons of the dough into balls. Space the balls of cookie dough about 2 inches (5cm) apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake until golden, but still soft in the center, 12 to 16 minutes, depending on how chewy or crunchy you like your cookies.
- Transfer hot cookies with a flip to a rack to cool.
More Cookie Recipes
Jam Drop Cookies
Traditional ANZAC Biscuits