The deconstructed egg roll is everything you like about these delicious appetizers but served as a meal. Pork, vegetables, and seasonings are mixed together for a hearty dish.
This dish is much easier, and healthier than traditional egg rolls. No need to fumble around with delicate egg roll wrappers and no deep-frying involved.
You can mix and match the vegetables you put in the dish. Try adding well-drained water chestnuts, bean sprouts, or coleslaw mix (instead of chopping carrots and cabbage).
Deconstructed Egg Roll Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 inch ginger peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or to taste
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 carrots peeled and grated
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup green onions chopped
- hot sauce to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and pork and cook until the pork is well-crumbled and no longer pink.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar. Cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and cabbage and cook until the cabbage is just wilted about 5 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with green onions and hot sauce.
More Asian Influenced Recipes
BBQ Grilled Meat
Grilled Asian Pork Belly
Asian Beef and Cucumber