This recipe for crumpet French toast is so much better than French toast made with bread. The egg gets all the way into the holes and actually has a more eggy flavor because of it.
Crumpet French Toast is a little unusual but highly recommended. A bit of cinnamon and sugar gives it just a hint of sweetness, without being too sugary. Top with your favorite jam, jelly, or syrup when serving. Or you can accompany it with bacon, sausage, and other traditional breakfast elements.
For some reason, crumpets travel better than bread when camping, which makes crumpet French toast a practical meal option.
Crumpet French Toast Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 6 crumpets
- 1 tablespoon butter for frying
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- flat top grill (skillet or griddle)
- Preheat the flat top grill to medium heat of 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until uniform and smooth.
- Add the milk and brown sugar, stirring well to combine.
- Soak the crumpets in the egg mixture until they have absorbed most of it.
- Add butter to the preheated grill then place the soaked crumpet on the melted butter. Brown the crumpets on both sides.
- Sprinkle the crumpet French toast with cinnamon sugar to serve.
More French Toast Recipes
French Toast Sandwich
Easy Campfire French Toast