Beets are an underutilized vegetable. This is a great winter salad that showcases this ingredient in a rich combination of tasty salad ingredients.
Feel free to cook the beets any way you wish, roasted, baked, or even boiled. Note that additional flavors can be added to some cooking methods such as garlic or fresh herbs.
The salad can be eaten as a side dish or topped with slices of your favorite grilled meats to make it more of a complete meal. However it is served, it will bring some color to your meal.
Beetroot Salad Recipe
- 3 beetroot (beets)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- 4 servings baby arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Prepare the beetroot as desired, this can be roasted, baked, or wrapped in foil and cooked in the coals.
- Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Dice or slice to your preference the beetroot, then add to the dressing.
- In the serving dish, create a bed of lettuce. Top with the beetroot and dressing. Sprinkle with walnuts and goat's cheese. Serve immediately.
More Salad Recipes
Grilled Squid Salad
BBQ Grilled Salad