Perfect appetizer conversation starters, meatballs wrapped in bacon are easy to make for parties, and they’re super tasty and fun. The name is a combination of ingredients: “moo” from the meatball and “oink” from the bacon.
Effectively, Moink balls are bacon-wrapped meatballs. You can prepare your own meatballs if you have a favorite recipe. Or, save yourself time by buying a bag of your favorite prepared frozen meatballs.
Perfect as a finger food or an appetizer these tasty morsels will quickly disappear. Add your own personal touch through the rub and BBQ sauce choices. In lieu of BBQ sauce, maple syrup is also an option.
BBQ Moink Balls Recipe
- 24 frozen meatballs
- 24 slices thin-cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon Slap Yo’ Daddy "Love Me Tender" All Purpose Rub -Hot or rub of choice
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce for dipping
- Preheat a grill to moderate temperature, about 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Semi-thaw the meatballs and wrap them with bacon. Hold the bacon in place with a toothpick if required.
- Dust each meatball with the rub. Sprinkle cayenne pepper over the rub, if you like your Moink balls spicy.
- Add applewood to the preheated grill to provide flavoring smoke.
- Add the Moink balls and cook until the meatballs are heated through and the bacon crisps.
- Drizzle with your favorite sweet BBQ sauce to balance the salty bacon and provide a shine.
BBQ Grilled Appetizer