These are grilled meatballs that resemble the hot flavor profile associated with buffalo wings.
The volume of hot ingredients isn’t specified so you can adjust the seasoning and heat to your personal preference.
These make a great finger food or appetizer on the grill out the back or while camping. Experiment with brands and spice levels until you create your perfect meatball.
BBQ Buffalo Meatballs Recipe
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon favorite beef rub
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced, to taste
- 2 oz cheddar cheese cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon favorite spicy rub
- 1 bottle hot wing sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup bacon ranch dressing
- In a bowl combine your ground beef with the beef rub, pepper flakes, and crushed garlic.
- Using a measuring cup for consistency, scoop out the meat to form the meatball. (A ⅓ cup works well, however, they can be bigger or smaller.)
- Flatten out the meat in your hand then place a cheese cube in the middle. Wrap the meat around the cheese creating a meatball with the cheese in the center.
- Preheat a grill to hot, about 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Add the meatballs then grill then sprinkle with the spicy rub. Cook for 30 minutes turning as needed.
- In the last 10 minutes of cooking take each meatball and dip it in the wing sauce, then return to the grill.Tip: To keep the meatball sauce from burning add it towards the end of cooking.
- When the meatballs reach an internal temperature around 165 degrees F (74 degrees C) take them off the grill, cover them and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the blue cheese dressing and bacon ranch dressing.
Two Pot Meal