The perfect appetizer or snack, planked little smokeys are a treat for the whole family. It is a simple recipe to prepare and cook, either on the grill or in your oven.
Only a few ingredients are needed for this recipe, many of which you can find in your pantry or refrigerator. Feel free to mix up the flavors or use a different type of meat, like pork or venison.
Serve these little smokeys with toothpicks, so they are easy to pick up and don’t get your hands messy. You can even try putting them on tiny slider buns!
This recipe is from Tiffany’s book Plank It! Wrap It!. To buy this book, and many more, visit here.
Planked Little Smokeys Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup soda cracker crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 soaked cooking plank
- Preheat a grill or oven to 375 degrees F (191 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients until well blended. Do not overmix.
- Shape into balls using one heaping tablespoon of meat mixture.
- Place the meatballs on the prepared plank and brush with BBQ sauce several times while cooking.
- Grill or bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F (71 degrees C).
More Plank Recipes
Cedar Planked Salmon
Planked Greek Chicken