These Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Meatballs are a deluxe style meatball filled with gooey cheese and wrapped in bacon. They are perfect as a finger food or appetizer for your next party. You can prepare them ahead of time, and reheat them right before serving.
The recipe suggests using Boerenkaas cheese or Gouda, but you may substitute it for what is on hand. Other good options may include smoked cheddar or a gooey mozzarella.
Although the serving suggestion is as a simple finger food feel free to be creative and add the meatballs to a tomato pasta sauce to be served on spaghetti. They can even be added to casseroles, curries, and salads. We think you’ll like these decadent meatballs so much, you won’t be able to stop eating them!
Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Meatballs Recipe
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound sausage
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Trilby's Jittery Jerk Rub or favorite jerk seasoning
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 pound Boerenkaas or Gouda cheese
- 2 pounds (1kg) sliced bacon
- Alaskan Unami Sauce or your favorite BBQ sauce
- Combine the ground beef, sausage, eggs, rub, breadcrumbs, and parsley in a large bowl, then mix until well combined. If time allows cover and chill overnight for the flavors to infuse.
- Slice the cheese into ½ inch (1cm) cubes.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of the ground beef mixture then place the cheese in it. Cover with another tablespoon of the ground beef mixture. Roll into a smooth meatball. Repeat until all the ground beef is gone.
- Cut the bacon in half then wrap around the meatball. If necessary secure with a toothpick.
- Place in a smoker preheated to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Cook for 45 minutes or until cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (75 degrees C).
- If not already added, spear each meatball with a toothpick, then drizzle with BBQ sauce to serve.
More Meatball Recipes
BBQ Grilled Appetizer
BBQ Buffalo Meatballs
Plank Meatball Kebabs
Two Pot Meal