If you are looking for a simple vegetable side dish try this barbecue okra recipe that uses this fresh vegetable popular with southern American cuisine.
The recipe lets you select your own rub and sauce which will give you the opportunity to adjust to your personal barbecue flavors.
This basic cooking method can be used for other vegetables like green beans, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and asparagus.
Barbecued Okra Recipe
- 24 oz okra
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 2 teaspoons pork rub
- 4 oz mustard based BBQ Sauce
- vegetable basket
- Wash the okra then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place the okra in a bowl then toss with oil, then add the rub and toss again until evenly coated.
- Prepare a grill to high heat. Oil the vegetable basket then add the okra.
- When the grill is at the temperature place on the grill for 8 minutes, shaking the vegetable basket regularly to turn the okra. Okra should be slightly singed and begin to bubble at the edges and turn a lighter shade of green when ready.
- Serve while still hot with mustard BBQ sauce.
Grilled Side Dish