White turkey chili made with a ground wild turkey or other upland game birds creates a tender hearty one-pot meal. Although it lacks the color of a traditional red-style chili it lacks none of the flavors.
This is the perfect recipe to make right after Thanksgiving when you have leftover homemade turkey to make stock and mashed potatoes. Or, make it any time of the year with store-bought broth and instant potatoes.
This recipe is from Tiffany’s book Cooking Game Birds. To buy this book, and many more, visit here.
White Turkey Chili Recipe
- 1 cup diced onions
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds turkey ground or finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 cans (7 oz) diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon green Tabasco sauce
- 6 cups turkey broth or chicken stock or broth
- 3 cans (15 oz) cannellini beans or white beans
- 1 cup instant mashed potatoes or real mashed potatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime juiced
- In a large pot, sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the turkey, oregano, cumin, and chili flakes, then sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the green chilies, tabasco, turkey broth, cannellini beans, mashed potatoes, salt, and pepper. Simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the chili from the heat, add the lime juice and serve.
Dutch Oven One Pot Meals