Chili con carne is a go-to camp meal. Apart from being a one-pot meal, it is amazingly healthy, high in protein, and packed with flavor, it is also one of the most flexible recipes to serve.
Serving options include rice, on nachos, in a burrito, in a wrap, in a packet of chips, or over vegetables. And, that is just the tip of the iceberg.
This recipe has a few more vegetables that a ‘traditional’ recipe. If desired, feel free to leave them out.
Chili Con Carne Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chili blend power
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 onions diced
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 3 ribs celery diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cans (14 oz) kidney beans
- large pot
- In a pot on medium-hot heat, add the ground beef, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and salt. Cook while stirring until lightly browned all over.
- Add the diced onions, garlic, celery, and bell peppers. Cook until the vegetables are softened and the onions transparent.
- Add the tomatoes with the juice. Rinse the cans with the red wine and add to the chili.
- Drain the kidney beans and rinse. Add the kidney beans and stir.
- Cook until the flavors meld, 30 to 45 minutes. Taste the chili and adjust as required with salt and chili powder, as needed.
Dutch Oven One Pot Meals