Pimento cheese is a popular spread combining pimentos, cheese, and mayonnaise. This is Marks’ outdoor variation that uses smoked cheese and is seasoned with a touch of your favorite herb rub. You can spread this creamy condiment on sandwiches or use it as a dip.
You can find pimentos in a can or jar. Pimentos are the lowest heat chilies and are similar to bell peppers with their sweet flavor. If you do like things with a little spice, add some pickled jalapeño peppers.
If you don’t have or don’t like smoked Gouda, swap it out with smoked cheddar cheese, or use a combination of the two for extra-cheesy flavor.
Smoked Pimento Cheese Recipe
- 3 cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup finely diced preserved pimentos
- 1/4 onion very finely diced
- herb rub to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Combine the cheese, pimentos, onions, herb rub, and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Serve with rolls, chips, crackers, toast, or vegetables.
BBQ Grilled Sandwich