A Raspberry Arnold Palmer is a great drink to finish off a day in the sun. It is sweet, refreshing, and has the bonus of using a healthy fruit. This is a fun and tasty drink for grown-ups and kids alike.
Popular in the United States, Arnold Palmer is basically a combination of tea and lemonade. The recent trend of adding additional elements is becoming popular. In this drink, raspberries have been mixed in, but other fruits can also be used.
This recipe uses fresh raspberries but it also works well with frozen berries. Using fruit means the sweetness level can vary, so don’t be tempted to add the sugar until tasted and you are sure it is needed.
Raspberry Arnold Palmer Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups water
- 2 slices fresh ginger
- 3 English breakfast tea bags
- 8 cups lemonade
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- raspberries to garnish
- lemon slices to garnish
- 1 pot
- 1 serving jug
- In a pot bring the raspberries, sugar, and water to a boil while stirring.
- Strain over a bowl pressing to get all the liquid then discard the solids.
- In a pot bring to the boil 2 cups of water with the ginger.
- Remove from the heat and add the tea bags. Let steep for 5 minutes then remove the tea bags.
- In a large serving jug, add the cooled tea, raspberry syrup, and lemonade together until well combined. Add additional sugar, stirring after each addition, until it reaches your preferred sweetness. Tip: The amount of added sugar can vary significantly based on the sweetness of the raspberries and lemonade used.
- Chill until ready to serve. Serve over ice and garnish with additional raspberries and lemon slices.Tip: For an added twist try freezing the garnish raspberries.