This vibrant red blackberry summer mocktail is naturally colored with blackberries and flavored with mint and honey. It is a refreshing and tasty drink for adults and kids alike. It is best served in the height of summer when fresh blackberries are available.
The key piece of equipment in this recipe is a cocktail shaker. It is a wonderful tool for non-alcoholic drinks as well as traditional alcoholic drinks. When muddled in the shaker, fresh fruits and herbs can impart their flavors to a range of mocktails.
There is no ice included in this recipe because we find it hard to keep fresh drinking ice while camping. But if in the backyard or using an RV, add some ice to the glasses before adding the berry mixture from the cocktail shaker. Or, make sure that your keep your water and seltzer well chilled.
Blackberry Summer Mocktail Recipe
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 sprig mint
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups seltzer water
- 4 blackberries
- 2 mint leaves
- cocktail shaker
- 2 glasses
- Add to a cocktail shaker the blackberries, honey, and mint then muddle until well blended. Muddling pushes together the ingredients and mushes the berries and damages the herbs which allow the flavors to impart better with the liquids.
- Add to the cocktail shaker the lemon juice and water. Put the lid on then shake to mix well.
- Pour the mixture evenly into two normal glasses or four small glasses.
- Top up each glass with seltzer water.
- Garnish each glass with blackberries and mint.