When cooking outdoors it is often important to have a menu that is quick and easy, like this chili recipe. It uses fresh ground beef but the remaining ingredients are all shelf-stable and travel easily. Make sure to pack some shredded cheese, sour cream, and chips to eat alongside this hearty and warming meal.
The ground beef can also be swapped out for other meats such as buffalo, venison, boar, or any other hearty red meat. Although chili can be made with ground chicken and/or turkey, this recipe may be a little overpowering for these more delicately flavored meats.
Feel free to change the two flavor elements of the chili powder and rub. You can use more than the recipe calls for or swap out for others that you may have in the house. You can also add some sauteed fresh vegetables to this dish. Try onions, bell peppers, or even a few spicy peppers, if you like some heat.
Quick and Easy Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (14 oz) chili beans
- 1 can (14 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Blues Hog Bold & Beefy Seasoning or favorite beef seasoning
- ½ cup shredded cheese for serving
- ½ cup sour cream for serving
- large skillet
- Brown the beef in a skillet over high heat. Drain any grease if necessary.
- Add the chili beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili powder, and beef seasoning to the ground beef. Stir to combine.
- Bring the chili to a boil, then let simmer for 30 minutes or until you are happy with the texture and flavor.
- Serve hot with cheese and sour cream.
Dutch Oven One Pot Meals