Meatball kebabs are so versatile, whether preparing for the main course or an appetizer, they can be used in many ways. They are also a great way to introduce people to wild-game due to their sample-size portion.
In this recipe, we prepare our own sauce, but you can also use your favorite prepared BBQ sauce. Try and pick something with a citrus twist.
Use the suggested vegetables or add fruits or vegetables of choice. These are also great with pineapple chunks. If using wooden skewers in this recipe, make sure to soak them in water overnight.
This recipe is from Tiffany’s book Plank It! Wrap It!. To buy this book and many more visit here.
Plank Meatball Kebabs Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 pound ground wild pig
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup diced water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon hot mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- metal skewers or wooden skewers
- 1 cooking plank soaked
- In a small bowl, mix the marmalade, garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, and ginger.
- Divide the sauce into two bowls, one for basting and one for dipping. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the ground pig, beaten, water chestnuts, horseradish, hot mustard, and salt.
- Mix the meatball ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Form the mixture into desired meatball sizes.
- Thread skewers, alternating meat and vegetables, leaving 1 inch (2.5com) on each end. Place the skewers on the prepared plank.
- Brush the meat and vegetables with the reserved sauce.
- Grill or bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Baste often.
More Meatball Recipes
Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Meatballs
BBQ Grilled Appetizer
BBQ Moink Balls
Two Pot Meal